College & Career Center - "The Cube"
A High Performing School for the New Millennium
Academic Rigor * Relevant to the Real-World * Relationships in Small Learning Communities
2552 N. Maple
College Visitation Guidelines
Please read carefully……………………………………………….Please read carefully
Please read carefully if you plan to attend a college visit at Skyline High School.
The following rules and process has been implemented to maintain a respectful and orderly college visit. Students are expected to research colleges of interest and choose colleges that are within the range of their GPA and college entrance exam (SAT/ACT) scores.
Students and staff must be familiar with the following guidelines:
College Visitation Process (broken down)
- Students and staff will be made aware of the college visits ahead of time (one week). A current list of visiting college will be posted outside of the College and Career Center as well as the website.
- Students will stop by B-327 to sign up prior to the college visit.
- During sign up the students will be given a “college visit pass” by Mr. Oden in which he/she must keep track of until the day of the presentation.
- Students will have the “college pass” signed specifically by the teacher during the time of the presentation.
***Note*** at the teacher’s discretion the student may or may not be allowed to attend the presentation (i.e. bad behavior in class, falling grades, or important test/assignments are reasons for presentation denial).
***Note*** The ONLY pass that will be accepted for entry into a college presentation is the official light blue college pass.
- If permitted by a teacher the student will bring the “college pass” to Mr. Oden and sign in for documentation that they were present during the presentation.