National Honor Society at Skyline
What is National Honor Society?
- Promotes and recognizes students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Character, and Service
- Strives to make a positive difference in the lives of individuals and focuses on the spirit of community and school
- Thousands of schools across the United States are chartered and offer this program to their motivated students
- Membership in this organization is indeed an honor and an accomplishment
- Students must receive an official invite in order to apply for NHS. Invites are sent during the month of August.
- Students must be in the 11-12 grade with a 3.5+ cumulative GPA
- Students must submit a one page narrative on leadership, 4 letters of recommendation and a verification of service sheet (see Application Explanation link below)
- The Skyline Chapter Members are responsible for 10 hours per trimester of Individual Service Projects (ISP) + ONE Chapter Service Project per year, which will be picked by the NHS Advisors and/or the NHS executive board.
Skyline Chapter Bylaws
- There is a meeting once per trimester. The meetings for the 2014/15 school year are scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 4, Thursday, Feb. 5, and Monday, March 30th.
Community Service Hours:
- Service hour forms are due during the last week of each tri. Hours should be turned in to the SLC offices.
NHS MEMBERS - Service Hours Form
Students will be notified if they qualify for NHS during the month of August.
Applications are available at the beginning of the SECOND week of school.
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE SLC OFFICES. PLEASE PICK UP AND RETURN YOUR APPLICATIONS TO THE SLC OFFICES.
APPLICANTS LINKS BELOW:
See application explanation link above.
Submit application to the SLC office on the 3rd or 4th Floor
Contact the Advisers
Ms. Heather Schimmel - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Rachel Patterson -- email@example.com